Saturday, December 04, 2004

Alien Attack

I've temporarily put aside the large project I've been working on. It's a Christmas present, but it won't be finished by then, as the recipient was very coy about her measurements and has only recently admitted them (Linda, you know who you are ;) ).

Instead, I am working on a drop-stitch jade green chenille scarf for Mum, and a cushion cover for DS Richard. It's the Alien Illusion motif by Shetha Nolke from the first Stitch'n'Bitch book, centered on the front of the cushion, with the rest done in plain stripes. I have the most wonderful fluorescent green yarn, courtesy of Texere Yarns at

http://www.texere.co.uk

which simply screams 'Alien!!'

My other good news today is that I was weighed again, and since August, I have lost another 11.6kg, or 25.5lb in old money. Current total since March is now 10.5 stone, or 75.2kg!

Not bad for a (mainly) bedridden old broad ;)


No comments: