Sunday, September 17, 2006

Odds 'n' sods

It's been a quiet week here in Lake Wobegon Esh Winning, my home town. Oops, been listening to a little too much Garrison Keillor...

Apart from Tigger bringing in another two pieces of meat, and a child's fireman's hat turning up on my wheelie bin, nothing much has happened. I did get my new Rowan magazine, which has some lovely items in it and blissfully plain photographs. In other words, in this issue you can actually identify what the knitted item is :) I'm still not quite sure about the ball gown, though...

Talking of new issues of magazines, my Simply Knitting also arrived this week. The jumper featured on the cover is a wildly vibrant orange bobbly cabley thing, which would lift your spirits every time you wore it, were it not for the rather unfortunately placed bobbles on the chest!

Speaking of Simply Knitting, I had a good chat on the phone with Debora Bradley this week about my plus size patterns. She absolutely loves the sketches I've sent her, so it's just a matter of our deciding on yarns and colours. Watch this space...

Finally, I know a few people have had trouble leaving comments since I switched to Blogger Beta. I've found this to be one of the main drawbacks (it also means that I can't leave a comment on a blog which isn’t using Blogger Beta), although I suppose that these snags will disappear once the new version has reached everyone. In the meantime, you can always leave a comment as "Other", entering your name and blog URL manually. Bit of a pain, I know, but I hope it won't be long before everyone can switch to Beta.

DSCF0465

Tigger says, "Don't disturb me, I'm waiting to see what she chucks out next..."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

trying to post ...

Anonymous said...

yay! it worked ... thanks for the tip on how to post to beta blogger. What I was going to say (and have been meaning to say for some time - mea culpa!) was just how clever & interesting I thought the construction of the two recently published vest tops was, especially the one formed from the two triangular pieces.

Anonymous said...

Agree with you about the bobble placement on the orange cable jumper - how unfortunate!! You'd think someone would have noticed before it made the front cover....

Anonymous said...

Heather,
thanks for the tip on posting to beta blogger. It works!
I love the Tigger photo.