Monday, April 06, 2009

It was all yellow....

On the UK RAK group on Ravelry, we have started a monthly game where, every month, we agree to send a RAK parcel to a partner on a specific theme. The theme for March was 'Yellow', and I decided to make three of the things in my parcel.

It was only when I put them together that I realised how different the colours were, and how each colour affected the others.

First came the neon yellow doily, crocheted from thread sent in the RAK parcel which came to me, all the way from Lapland (we're not all in the UK!):


Yellow doily

This really is yellow - just photographing it on a blue surface is making it look greenish, but I can assure you it isn't!

Next were these vibrant yellow crocheted mitts:

Yellow mitts

And lastly, the yellow crocheted flower brooch:

Yellow ruffled flower

(Why, yes, I am having a bit of a crochet binge at the moment. Funny you should ask....)

And then I put them all together to put into the envelope...

Yellow RAK items from me

....at which point my yellow items became a cream flower, orange mitts and a green doily.

I love colour, but it drives me mental!

2 comments:

Daisy said...

I wish I'd put my sunglasses on *before* I read the post!

Mary Anne said...

Glorious colours! They represent spring and summer and sunshine.